Tuesday 15 April 2014

#02 - 台灣 Spring 2014


{ Day 2 } Celebrated our belated 3rd Anniversary over 烧烤 and i thought it was damn good. Thou' it was quite oily (which is normal for BBQs), they had a variety of food and SEAFOOD to choose from. They also had fresh (thankfully not frozen) scallops on the menu which is my favorite! The waitress does everything for you so you do not have to worry about burning your food, like we randomly ordered a fish and the waitress kindly marinated and deboned the fish before serving it onto our plates. Oh! We also had BBQ Muah Chee , rolled in peanut powder and condense milk for dessert! It was the best of the entire meal , yes. I LOVE MUAH CHEEEE! ^^

田季發爺燒肉- Hito BBQ
Address : 台北市敦化南路一段160巷19號 | No. 19, Lane 160, Section 1, Dūnhuà South Rd, Daan District
Directions : Take MRT to Zhongxiao Dunhua Station – EXIT 8, Cross the road to find Lane 160.


Stopped by a café in Yongkang street for desserts because my tired legs needed a break from all the walking. We ordered my usual fix and spent the evening in their little garden, embracing the good weather of 16-20°c. I must say I really enjoy every bit of travelling this way, visiting cafés in a foreign land and appreciating what tranquillity brings me. The Green Steps do really good coffees and desserts, definitely worth a visit!

 The Green Steps ( 永康階 )
Address: No. 27, Lane 243, Jinhua Street
地址: 台北市金華街243巷27號
MRT: Dongmen Station Exit 5


Our agenda at night was to Tonghua/Linjiang night market where I actually end up finding myself in the land of cats. Just right outside this night market, the entire street were cat shops. There were also dog shops but insignificantly few so never mind about them. I literally went crazy. The shops had breeds I'd always dreamt about owning, Scottish fold & Asian leopard cat that is. The next hour or two was spent strolling down the street, not missing out on any cat shops at all. This was the highlight of that day actually, considering the fact that I'd been missing both my fluffballs badly.

In other news, this night market is smaller in scale, with mostly food stalls. Rarely visited by the tourists because there isn't much shopping to do but I actually like that it isn't commercialized. Because it is not accessible by the subway, visit only if you've ample time/living in Xinyi district.

Tonghua (通化夜市)/Linjiang (臨江夜市) Night Market
Directions: Take MRT Brown Line, get off at Liuzhangli Station. Take bus 254, 1, or 650 and get off at Sanxing Elementary School.

love, bella

0 comments: