Friday 2 October 2015

#mykoreadiary || 심슨탕

I don't think I can keep up to write as much as I'm experiencing and eating here. School has started and my routine are as follows. Wake up - Go to school - Lunch - Home - Afternoon Nap - Do my homework - Skype my family - Bedtime. It is that mundane and I am definitely getting lazier here than I am in Singapore. Afternoon naps are now mandatory to make up for the early mornings I wake up to. 

In other news, we went to this budae jjigae restaurant in Hongdae some time before I started school. Owned by Singer Hwangbo, this restaurant is a popular dining place among the Korean stars.  They have a gallery wall of many Korean stars signatures which makes the restaurant effortlessly decorated.







Budae Jjigae here is slightly different from the ones we usually eat. Over at Sim Seun Tang, whole ox-bones are used to make the soup stock hence it is more flavourful. We really enjoyed this rendition because the soup was thicker and tastier. Another interesting twist to enjoying your meal is adding butter & soya sauce to your rice so it enhances the flavour of your staple. I like how they make effort to improvise this traditional popular Korean dish yet retaining the essence & meaning of it. I'd be back on a cold chilly night~~~

love, bella

0 comments: