Thursday 24 April 2014

#03 (||) - 台灣 Spring 2014


{ Day 3 / II } To my favourite night market, Ningxia! Nothing fanciful, there's no shopping in a very very small scaled area BUT they have a wide variety of street food that I love! That huge baked scallop was a winner. I had two to myself and wanted more :( , definitely worth a trip down for more dinner choices!

Ningxia Night Market (寧夏夜市)
Alight MRT at Zhongshan station exit 2, walk westward (follow Nanjing West Rd.) Or Alight at Shuanglian station exit 1, walk westward (follow Minsheng West Rd.)


Some desserts before calling it a night. Coffee Alley is pretty much the hype of Taipei now so we decided to pop by. Why would I even say no to desserts? The mille feuille was a disappointment thou' because it had the dried orange taste which I hate.

咖啡弄|Coffee Alley 

Address: No. 42, Lane 187, Section 1, Dunhua South Road, Daan District, Taipei
MRT: ZhongXiao Dunhua Exit 1


Taiwan's service definitely surprised me one way or another, but in a pleasant way of course. On the third day morning, we dropped our keys at the reception (Taiwan's hotel culture) and was held back to ask if we wanted to change the room we were putting up at for the past two nights. SAY WHAT?  I can change to another themed room?! They obviously made my day even before my day started. We took our pick and with no hassle of having to move our luggages, the service staff got everything settled. Our last night's stay was in a gorgeous room with a daybed swing in our air conditioned "balcony". We also had the jacuzzi bathtub twice the size of the previous room's. Pity we only had a night to crash but couldn't be more than thankful for the short lived happiness!

love, sheryl

0 comments: