Thursday 19 March 2015

{Kuala Lumpur} Day 2 & 3

It was Valentine's day and wearing a dress for the day out would have totally made sense if it wasn't to the market. As previously said that I only had >10kg of baggage space and I couldn't bring a wardrobe of clothes along, it meant only a set of clothes per day. I decided it was Valentines day no matter what so I went ahead to the market in a shimmery black dress. Admittedly looking silly while squeezing through the typical oldie market and hunting down breakfast, I wasn't too bothered at the occasional puzzled stares. I was hungry and so excited about eating in a local market that I forgot about looking so out of place.  Just so you know, I love traditional markets to death. 


The first stall we saw sold this - 姜酒米粉. It means ginger wine beehoon I think and I haven't seen this before so I jumped at it and said, "I want this! Lets sit down!" Bryan was unimpressed at the fact that we only passed by the first stall and had to start eating already. He knew that it meant we'd have to finish the entire street of food for breakfast before I would be willing to budge. Out-of-the-world goodness, I was completely sold. The soup broth was flavourful and thankfully Bryan didn't like it as much so I finished most of it. 




We managed to down another popiah, kaya toast, pork skin curry rice and 2 cuppas hainanese coffee. Almost everything is recommended here so we took the chance to try most of it. Really yummy!


Malaysia is pretty big on their coffees and I like how they take their coffee so seriously. Had to pop by coffee stain during shopping time for a cuppa! Unfortunately, I could only order hot chocolate that would sustain the weight of the foam art so no coffee for me. Just look at my cute kitty!


We went to stroll Petaling street after our dinner at Shangri La. Don't bother, it is just a street of imitation goods (Soccer jerseys, branded bags, shoes, accessories, literally anything actually). But if brands are not an issue, you can actually score a pair of imitation NIKE running shoes at a fraction of the original price.




On our last day, we went back to the market because I wanted a bowl of 姜酒米粉 to myself and he wanted to try the fish head beehoon soup. We got a chee cheong fun (or was it yongtaufoo) to share and it was the best rendition I ever had to marry them both together, with curry drenched all over. Everything were freshly made and prepared upon order so we had to wait in the queue for awhile. But honestly so worth the wait that I regretted not joining the queue when we went the first time. Nostalgic markets like this, please stay for a long long time. 
Lazed in the sheets before catching our flight in the evening. Till then, Kuala Lumpur! 

love, bella

0 comments: