Sunday 27 September 2015

#mykoreadiary || Third week in.

Done with third week in Seoul and it has seriously been a hell of a week. I was feeling really overwhelmed and went through a whirlwind of emotions which isn't all good news. I am still feeling the fuzziness but I guess its safe to say that I finally started my semester! 

☺Monday
On Monday, I went through Placement test which was my first ever exam after 7 freaking years. Obviously, I was feeling the jitters and really worried that I fuck it up which um, I did. Fact is, I didn't study so it isn't even news that I flung my test. I've been losing touch with Korean since the wedding preps and I really can't cope with so much to learn in just two weeks. On the placement test, the speaking test teacher said I would probably be in Level 1/2 depending on my written test. I'd get into details with how's the placement test like some other time but yeah, Monday blues literally. 

// Bryan got up extremely early to make me breakfast on my very important placement test day! 



// After test, we had our lunch in school. Canteen food is pretty good here!

☺Tuesday
On Tuesday, I did nothing but think if I should go to Level 1/2. Like, I really wanna do level 2 but I know I'd definitely get my brains fried in the intensive classes so I'd been hesitating. Then again, a huge part of me didn't want to repeat Level 1 because I kinda briefly went through the entire syllabus in home language school. So I basically just sat around and thought for the entire day. I watched shows too and oh, did laundry as well before heading out for dinner with Bryan.

// Sulking housewife at work.

☺Wednesday
On Wednesday, It was the results of my Placement test so I went to school to check at 2.30pm. I got lost in the forest of my school but made it out alive anyway. School routes are heck confusing, I really need to get used to it soon. Anyway *drumroll* results were, I got placed into Level 1. Yeah, so Level 1 is what i'm worth because I wasn't holding a strong foundation for university standards. Which is also why I'd been struggling to figure if I should do 1/2. I either re-do everything in Level 1 but with in depth knowledge or struggle in Level 2 and drown in there. We had orientation on the same day which basically is handbook day. We were all given a handbook and the rules of the university were explained in details. That was basically it, the start of school in a bit.

// The husband made me lunch before my afternoon orientation. 


 // Forest IN my campus that I have to walk through EVERYDAY to reach my school building.

// Moment of truth. I don't know which was scarier, the amount of people enrolled for KLI or my test results.

// Dinner date with my lil bro who was on a short trip to Korea. It was nice to catch up after a long time he left my company as an intern.

☺Thursday
On Thursday, I officially started my semester DAY 1. It was intimidating because I didn't had anybody there and I didn't know what to expect from school after 7 freaking years of graduating. I stepped into class and was the last to arrive. Speaking of punctuality guys, everyone in my class takes serious pride in that. Anyway, classes are small here so I get 12 classmates including myself. Teachers here don't speak in any language other than their native (even if you are in Level 1) so if you don't get it, you literally sit there clueless. When class started, I was really thankful for not pushing myself into level 2 or even think about it because the learning pace in KLI is just crazy. I got my half screwed foundation to back me up so I basically didn't fall behind that much but by trying my best to understand the teacher fully is mentally draining enough. I made it out my first four hours alive, began to love school-life, made new friends and yes, being a student again.


 // Roadside bites with the husband because he didn't have lunch.

// Lazy dinner calls for a delivery service, absolutely love Korea for that.

☺Friday
I wasn't sleeping enough due to my late nights the past two weeks so I literally woke up like a zombie at 7am to prepare for school. And then the long walk to school ... woke me up. School was good, I tried not to yawn because I'm sitting right smack in the middle of the class and it gets pretty obvious even if you fidget. 

After class, we went for ASHLEY again. Gluttons we are, I know. We stuffed ourselves silly, went back home and slept the entire afternoon away. We skipped dinner because of the heavy lunch earlier, unintentionally a money saving method. Fridays are made for this, definitely.

// The husband wanted ASHLEY for lunch again. & since I wanted pasta, might as well.

love, bella

0 comments: