Thursday 24 January 2013

Getting fat in Hongkong

My first trip of 2013 was to Hongkong for a short getaway with Ellen . I booked my flight 6 months before the trip so I managed to get a steal from the hefty price tag , only paid S$200 for two ways + 20kg check in baggage ! And because 6 months was really a long time ,when the dates got nearer our flight timing got reshuffled and our call time was at 4am .

Quoted from my twitter 
" I hate mornings . Flight or work , I just hate mornings . " 

Grumpy look + unkempt hair + sleepy face ✈✈✈ 香港

Checked into Rosedale Hotel , Kowloon which Ellen booked us an Executive room of 18.58sqm only . Seriously ?! Not that I'm not aware that Hongkong's hotel rooms are teeny weeny but even an Executive room ?! In Hongkong , their definition of Executive room or anything above deluxe is the same sqm , you just get an upgrade of a better view and better comfort . Room size , exactly the same . But with no doubt , their cleanliness was fantastic which was what's most important .


Lunch before any walking starts , Mak's noodles was my pick . I've been missing this bowl of goodness since my last trip to Hongkong ! Awarded with a Michelin guide recommendation , need I say more ? 


Shopping @ Argyle centre was the only and best place to shop in Hong kong , I say . But during January , the shops were all selling down jackets and winter coats so I didn't get much buys out of it . Throughout the entire trip I only attacked the bags shop , 2 bags for HKD$100 // SGD$15 now you know why .


Tea break to give the legs a break , and the tummies a treat . 菠蘿包 - Must eat in Hongkong . 
With a cuppa hot milk tea , perfecto !


Happened to be in the goldfish market in Mongkok and I was beyond amazed by the colors of the fishes !
The colors were an array of highlighter shades . 


Dinner at 小肥羊 , still the best steamboat that never fails . 


Late night walk along the busy streets , Hongkong truly comes alive at night .


It was such a productive day 1 , more soon .

love,
sheryl

0 comments: