Wednesday 20 February 2013

The 2nd Anniversary

And so , we made it through another 365 days . 

Our 2nd anniversary happened to fall on CNY 初二 so I told Bryan we should just pre-celebrate over lunch on 除夕 before all the restaurants and shops closes for the next few days . I picked Au Petit Salut to have our meal , and we took the set lunch at $36++/pax . Honestly , I really love picking out venues on such occasions . It keeps me from getting busy with so many options , to looking forward . 

Anyway , I think I picked the right place ! Au Petit Salut is really classy and romantic if you take the indoor seats yet comfortable if you dine alfresco surrounded by the greenery . The set lunch was also really affordable unless you start adding supplements like me . Must order : Black cod fish ! 

This appetizer which looks unappetizing is actually the widely raved Burgundy snails in bone marrow 


On the 11th , I was obviously not expecting anything since we already decided to celebrate over the lunch date previously  + we also planned a trip for our 2nd anni . But Bryan took me by surprise when he brought me out for a dinner at Salt Grill & Sky Bar .We went at a great timing - 6pm so we managed to catch the sunset while having our meal . It was our first Australian fine dining meal and I actually don't fancy Australian cuisine . Besides the fresh oysters + crab omelette in miso mustard broth which I really enjoyed , our mains were quite normal . Decent but nothing fantastic . But I really love the ambience of the entire restaurant . The setting was so hopelessly romantic , especially after the sunsetted .

Dearest B , Thank you for all that effort and love from you these two years . Even when we made a pact not to spend so much on our 2nd since we are already going on a trip together , you still surprised me with this meal . Many more years to come , I love you .

Watching the sun set in the heart of bustling Orchard road , perfect .
Beautiful night view of the restaurant , on level 55 

love,
Sheryl

0 comments: