Tuesday 14 October 2014

#06 (Guide) to Jeju Island 제주도 | Bomnal Cafe

We never had intentions of doing cafe hopping in Jeju Island. After all time was really short and we had a whole island to discover. But when I chanced by this hidden gem while doing the itinerary, I knew I had to go. Bomnal cafe is situated (West Jeju) on the rocks of Handam beach. And as far as I know, it is only accessible via your own transport. 

Y'know what was the first thing that struck us when we reached? Other than the fact that we were like "Fuck yeah, we managed to find this place!", I think the overwhelming reaction was actually, "I'd totally retire here!" What else can I say? Basically the ideal roof by the beach kind of life is what anyone would yearn for.  

// We arrived to a rather packed crowd but was lucky enough to get a seat by the window.
 (P/S: Just realized this picture doesn't justify, I took this picture only when I was about to leave HAHAHA)

// Ordered my cuppa and a slice of Tiramisu (as usual) and we literally watched the world go by. The environment was filled with everyone speaking a foreign language that we didn't understand and I secretly enjoyed the feeling of that. It felt so carefree and lively in that happy place.
Note: They do not have a cake menu, you've to ask for it and they'd show you their fridge selection. 

// The owners at Bomnal owns a litter of Corgis too!

Hidden gem, indeed. Bomnal also runs a guesthouse behind their cafe. However, they only cater separate female/male dormitories. So good to consider if you're with a bunch of friends! 

Bomnal Guesthouse Café 봄날게스트하우스
제주시 애월읍 애월리 2540번지
Contact: 64-799-4999


In other news, if you're looking to stay in Jeju city, I'd recommend The Forest Hostel. It was where we put up on our last night there. Do not expect too much comfort, after all it is just a hostel. They do not have the comfiest bed nor the fluffiest pillows but they do have an affordable price of only $60/night. We decided to stay nearer to the airport (10 minutes away) because we didn't want to take the risk of travelling a distance to catch the plane the next morning. It was pretty much a good choice I'd say because we were in the heart of Jeju city and we took the last night to explore the vicinity. With the famous black pork street just behind the hostel and Dongmun traditional market across the road, too convenient for the lazy me!

love, bella

0 comments: