Tuesday 11 November 2014

Twenty t h i r d | 벨라 의 생일

On my birthday weekend, I got whisked away for a staycation at Equarius hotel. It came in timely because I really needed a break from the monotonous work days. Since the last time here about a year ago, I'd been missing the fluffy pillows and bubble baths in this posh hotel! 


So after checking in, I was being dragged out of comfort for a coffee date at quayside Sentosa. The fiancé made reservations at Kith cafe for high tea and being oblivious to whatever he was up to, I ordered a main because I was so damn hungry. The Parma ham & mushroom linguine was an absolute right choice although I know I said tea break. Their truffle fries are the worse I ever had so don't try. I never really liked thick cut fries to begin with and it was made worse without even a tinge of truffle oil tasted.


When we got back to the room, I was surprised with a table of my favourite munch & a bunch of crazy friends hiding behind the curtains! So high tea at kith cafe was actually a lure away for a bigger surprise! Really thankful for these friends who took time out to be part of my birthday and of course the man behind everything, thank you B. Also Qianhui got a salted caramel rainbow cake for my twenty third, nyam nyam! It was not just a rainbow cake that looked good, it was so yummy that I refused to share. 



Waking up in Sentosa is like a true sanctuary to me. Drawing aside the curtains to a landscape of vibrant colours, I wished I didn't have to leave the room. But with food as an exception, we left for an impromptu lunch buffet at Ban Heng restaurant! I definitely had a food coma weekend stuffing myself silly with the heavy meals, not to mention with so much snacks in between.

We spent the afternoon back in the room with everybody crashing on an afternoon nap, while I stayed at the balcony with my cuppa coffee and books. Lazing my time away like it was a true holiday, it was dinner time before we know it. We did dinner at TCC keppel bay with the same steady clique and we choked up the bill to a whopping S$400! One of the rare times where we'd splurge on dinners so thank you everybody for the extravagance on my birthday.


Well, it was really hard to say goodbye to the short lived luxury. But I am lucky enough for all these little blessings and definitely looking to stay on another significant occasion soon! Till then, Equarius hotel! 


love, bella

0 comments: