Tuesday 3 March 2015

{Kuala Lumpur} The Red Beanbag + Wondermilk

Bryan and I spent a weekend in Kuala Lumpur and it was one helluva experience to be roaming in another foreign bustling capital. As soon as we were done checking into our hotel, we flagged a cab down to Publika for brunch. 

Publika is confusing. 

Or at least, I got confused. It wasn't relatively easy to find the entrance of the restaurant and with Bryan being the better half at directions, we eventually found ourselves... at the back of the restaurant's kitchen. The kind chefs were nice enough to let us through and so we entered the restaurant through the busy kitchen. Given the excuse that we were tourists, I didn't feel too stupid after all.



I'm always caught in a dilemma of having to write about good food which I obviously suck at describing but I really feel the need to. Amazing - definitely one of the best brunches is the best I can do. Their pacific benedict was definitely not one of the best albeit the decency. The irony was that an ordinary looking pasta stole the show (and my heart), is now officially one of the best cream pastas I've had. I love how they are really generous with their ingredients to dish out a good meal like that - Singapore should learn.



We ordered three mains and a latte which was quite alot for two! And apparently being typical Singaporeans, we had to do the exchange rate thing when we were footing the bill. 

Our brunch costed us only 96RM = SGD$36.50





We strolled around Publika with bursting bellies and happened to chance by this whimsical cafe tucked in a corner. Decided to pop in for some desserts but it really didn't taste as good as it looked. Don't bother coming for their sweet treats because I'm not even sure if they were cupcakes or sugar cakes. A bite into their cupcakes was just nothing but sugar - crispy sugar bits that masked the entire "flavor". A surprise find would be their flavored milk which is apparently their signature item. Tried their butterscotch milk and I'm completely sold! Should have just invested all my bucks on their milk instead of the cupcakes. Till then!

The Red Beanbag
Lot A4-1-8, Solaris Dutamas, Jalan Dutamas 1, 50480, Kuala Lumpur 
Telephone: 03-6211 5116 
Opening Hours: 8.30am-10pm (Weekdays) 9.30am-10pm (Weekends) 
Closed on Mondays

Wondermilk
7A & 8A Level G2 Ground Floor
1 Jalan Dutamas, Solaris Dutamas, Kuala Lumpur 50480
Opening Hours: 10am-10pm

love, bella

0 comments: