Thursday 22 October 2015

#mykoreadiary || #maylinginseoul DAY 1

I'd probably never find another friend like Mayling who'd allowed me to decide her flight dates & time. She also didn't mind the hassle coming to see me despite having her surgery done just two weeks ago. I'd say mostly for my sake because she isn't a fan of Korea at all. Thank you, ling. The best thing about being abroad is to have a friend that wouldn't mind the miles just to see you. ♥♥♥

We got her flight itinerary fixed 3 days before the flight call, what could be more impromptu than that? We really made meeting across the globe sound so easy. It is her first time to Korea and we had no itineraries to follow so it was just anywhere that came to my mind! I decided to cover most of the places I love in Seoul just so she could experience the best of what I think is the best haha.

→ Gwangjang Market (광장시장)
My favourite market, hands down. Food heaven, traditional vibe and vibrant atmosphere --- definitely the place to go for food and culture ambiance. I love their food options here, my favourite mayak gimbap (마약김밥), yuk-hoe (육회) and mung bean pancake (빈대떡) all in the heart of Gwangjang market! 




→ Myeongdong (명동)
Needs no introduction. As much as I hate the weekend crowds, the irony is that the best of Myeongdong is actually the bustling weekends with many food carts littered on the streets. This girl had a smashing good time shopping for cosmetics & skincare. It was nice travelling with the girlfee for the first time in our 10 years of friendship! 


→ Seoul International Fireworks Festival (서울세계불꽃축제)
There was a firework festival going on in Seoul so we went on an impromptu picnic to watch the fireworks! On our walk to the park, there were many pretty food trucks selling food. We were totally spoilt for dinner choices but amidst the options, we ended up with usual fried chicken for dinner. Note to self: Never get the hubby to decide dinner, we always end up with the safest yet boring option.

I was quite hesitant on the idea of going to the festival because I didn't thought fireworks would be anything too spectacular from what we usually get to see. This International festival has proven me right with just 2 hours worth of fireworks but there is really nothing to shout about. What we enjoyed was chilling on our mat with so many people, having dinner and enjoying each other's company. The temperature dipped to a 10°C which left us in an unprepared attire. Nonetheless, we made it back home early to rest for a longer day out the next day! 









love, bella

0 comments: